Friday, March 15, 2013

Sheep Craft

This is a quick and easy craft to do in storytime or for a school visit.  I found this craft here and adapted it a bit.  
What you will need:
  • White cardstock (cut into strips)
  • Small Piece of Green Paper
  • Stapler
  • Glue stick
  • 3 cotton balls (1 will be cut in half)
  • Markers or crayons


All this is is a piece of white printer paper cut length-wise into a strip (I will be using a heavier paper like cardstock for my preschool visit).  Mine is about 2 1/2" wide. Staple the ends of the paper together to form a cylinder (lamb's body).  Using a piece of green paper have the kids cut out a shape for the grass.  Staple or glue the lamb body to the grass.  I pre-cut cotton balls in half to use for the feet.  For the top I used one cotton ball stretched out.  The are made by cutting two oval shapes out of the extra cardstock.
The kids are sure to have fun making this cute little guy and it can be used for so many occasions.  
I will be using this with the book Little Bo Peep.   It can also be used as a spring/Easter.
Enjoy!
Here is what the final craft looks like.  These were completed by three-year-olds.  Instead of cutting out a shape for the grass they cut fringe into the rectangle I provided them.  
*Note: I also used half a cotton ball for the tail.

No comments:

Post a Comment